If you’re in the wedding industry, you might think the entire job ends on the couple’s big day right? But wait… what if we told you it doesn’t have to? What if we told you that you could continue adding value and reaping profits from your clients long after their big day?
In this episode of The Wedding Pro CEO Podcast, I sit down with the co-founder of Content Bistro, and creator of the wildly popular, strategy-first copywriting program — Ready-to-Sell ™ Prerna Malik is a Copyhackers-certified conversion copywriter who’s worked with over 500 clients including some of the best names in the online marketing world, like Pat Flynn, Amy Porterfield, Joanna Wiebe and countless others.
We dive into the concept of creating a post-wedding campaign to increase the lifetime value of your clients. This strategy is really effective and can help you generate more revenue from clients who already trust you.
Typically in the wedding industry, clients are one-time use. Once they do their wedding is over, their lifetime value also over. This is because they normally don’t continue to book you for different services. But, what if you could continue to sell to them even after their wedding? Using post-wedding email campaigns are going to nudge clients into buying more products you offer which will keep them as lifetime clients.
– Review and Referral Campaign: This campaign solicits reviews and testimonials from the couple or their families after the wedding. Those testimonials can then be leveraged in future marketing efforts.
– Upsell Campaign: If the couple enjoyed your services, it would be easier to sell them additional or premium services. For example, this could be offering wedding photographs but upselling to personalized photo books or post-wedding photo shoots.
– Cross-Sell Campaign: Go past the wedding sphere, you can offer complementary services. If you served as their planner, try offering corporate event planning, birthday parties and showers.
– Flash Sale or Seasonal Sale Campaign: To boost sales, you might want to offer discounts or special rates specific to products or services. These could apply to new or existing products or services you offer.
– Anniversary Campaigns: This strategy reminds couples that, even though their wedding took place a year (or more) ago, you can still provide them services. Always stay top of mind.
Avoid making these mistakes in your email campaigns:
– Avoid Generic Templates: Customize your communication to each client to make it personal and unique.
– Segmentation is Key: Knowing your clients and their specific needs can help craft an effective campaign.
– Use Social Proof: Use positive feedback and testimonials to boost credibility.
– Timing: Knowing the best time to reach out to your clients can make a big difference in campaign outcomes.
Join the Wedding Pro CEO Accelerator: A 6-month program for established wedding pros who are ready to ditch the overwhelm, create consistent profit, build their dream team and confidently grow their revenue to $100k/year and beyond.
I help creative business owners sustainably scale their business so they can create a thriving career and work-life balance.
small biz coach
I have experience speaking at both live and virtual events, educating creative and wedding entrepreneurs how to step into their role as CEO. If you're looking for speakers for your next conference, workshop, event, or the next guest for your podcast, I'd love to see how we can collaborate!
your business bestie + mentor + coach + cheerleader for wedding professionals and creative entrepreneurs
Want to learn how to Convert more leads into buying clients?
Get the emails!