What’s In My Bag??
I thought I’d keep it light and fun as we’re all getting back into the swing of things. I mean…do any of us even know what day it is?? That abyss of time between Christmas and the New Year where we aren’t sure if we’re supposed to relax, work, shop, eat, get dressed or chill in our jammies all day. Don’t sweat it! Enjoy this confusing time while it lasts….we have 51 more weeks this year to keep a schedule!
So let’s play “What’s In Her Bag”! I think what you keep in your bag is very telling of your overall personality, don’t ya think?? I am a minimalist. I don’t like clutter or “stuff”. My mantra is if I haven’t touched it in 6 months I don’t need it (and if I discover I did need it I can get a new one then!).
Clutter gives me anxiety and makes me feel out of control so I am very careful to keep my bag cleaned out and organized. The downside is I’ll never be the girl who wins at that game where they ask you to find random things in your purse (hairpin, old hotel room key, etc…)! Haha! I guess I’ll just have to be ok with that!!
All this to say, there are a few things I NEVER leave the house without!
- Lipstick. It is rare to never that I have bare lips. It may be an addiction. I’m not sure but I know I cannot be without it. If I don’t have lipstick on, I have tinted chapstick on. It just makes me feel whole:-)
- Pens. I always have enough pens to furnish a whole congregation. Why?? I have no idea. But anytime ask me for 1 and I can offer you 10!
- Gum. My favorite is Trident Sweet Mint. It’s less spicy than spearmint and the package is tiny which works well for my tiny purse.
- Business Cards. Um….every person reading this should have this in their top 5 as well! Always be prepared to provide a business card when asked!
- An emergency credit card. I’m not sure why I feel the need to always have this. We don’t do debt and don’t use credit cards at all but we do have 1 in case there was ever an emergency and needed it and I always have it with me. I’m sure there are WAY more reasons not to carry it but somehow I’ve never been able to get away from it!
So those are my top 5! What are the top 5 things you must always have in your bag?? Inquiring minds want to know!